Based on previous laboratory renovation experience, Bowa Construction was selected for this multiple phase project by the University of Chicago Medicine to provide selective demolition and new construction services within an occupied space. This required upfront planning and detailed coordination efforts in consideration of the University’s safety and maintenance standards to reduce operational disturbances to active researchers within the facility.
Protection of the lab equipment and surrounding work area was of key importance to Bowa.
Scope of work included:
• Renovation of laboratory cabinetry in consideration of Equipment access support
• Capping of existing plumbing fixtures
• Removal and replacement of damaged and defective structures
• Installation of new wall mounts and brackets
• Painting, carpentry, electrical, framing, etc.